Sunday, May 19, 2013

Journey to the Race: Day 63

This is where it matters the most. This is where lives are made, in these moments when you can choose whether or not to say 'I cant' or 'I can.' It is a choice that will either make or break you for life.
-Jillian Michaels


Yay for an official training day! Damn that was a good workout. We did some light stretching, jogged to the park, then did a warm up including:
20m squat run
20m karaoke run
20m medium skip
20m high skip
20 walking lunges then jog back 10m
run up and down a steep ditch about 10 times
Needless to say I was tired before we even began the real workout sets. We then had several stations but our little group did them out of order so here's what we did:
stairs 3-4 times
jog (read: walk) back to the park
attempt 50m crawl with the foot peddle wheel thing and end up doing regular crawl the rest of the way (seriously, I couldn't get 2 feet at a time on that thing)
20 walking lunges
10 broad jumps
30 burpees
run to the stairs
rope climb
3-4 stairs
rope climb

Was a long but good workout. And I finally forced myself to not say "well I can get this far, I'll get to the top during the race" and climbed the entire rope so that I had to touch the metal bar at the top. Somehow managed not to scrape up my ankle badly either so that's always nice. I'm also getting better at forcing myself to continue running even though I'm out of breath. A lot of it is in my mind with negative thoughts so I'm working on pushing through it and telling myself I can do it rather than I'm going to pass out. Overall I'm so happy with the progress I've made, I'm able to run farther and push myself farther than I have in a long time.
And that's it for today, I'm off to clean before my family gets here. Enjoy the long weekend!