Friday, May 24, 2013

Journey to the Race: Day 67

I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death.
-Leonardo da Vinci



Sue passed away today in her sleep. She went peacefully with her husband holding her hand. After fighting for so long first with breast cancer then when it spread to her spine, then sepsis, it's nice to know that she's no longer suffering or in pain. She was one of the strongest, happiest, inspirational, and most optimistic people I've ever known. Though I never got to meet her in person, I had the pleasure of talking to her with my mom through skype while she was in the hospital before her condition worsened. She was one of those people that you can meet once and never forget, and I know she will be missed by many.
R.I.P. Sue <3



My arm is still aching so I avoided any arm exercises and stuck to leg exercises. I did a short workout of the exercises below doing each for 30 seconds and going through the list twice.
jumping jacks
wall sit
oblique crunch
ab crunch
squat
reverse crunch
high knees
lunges

I'm really hoping that my arm will be better soon, I think I strained something but I have no idea what or how I can fix it other than rest it.