Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Journey to the Race: Day 59

You're never a loser until you quit trying.
-- Mike Ditka


I've been rather productive today so I'm pretty happy with that. Between last night and today, I've made seven journal skins for use on deviantART. Other than that I booked yet another doctor's appointment to renew prescriptions, and I forced myself to work out. I've been so unmotivated lately, the weather has been drab and when it's nice I just want to go walk outside or hike. It was very dreary today so my motivation was nonexistent. I forced myself to do a workout I found on pinterest that I thought would be intense but short so I could get it over with quickly. I did the workout once through and decided I would do it through a second time and add in some exercises that are more geared towards exercises I need to improve. The workout is called The Scientific 7-Minute Workout in which you do each exercise for 30 seconds with 10 seconds rest in between. I modified it a bit by adding exercises so my version looks like this:
jumping jacks
wall sit
push ups
ab crunch
reverse crunch
mountain climbers
step up onto chair
squat
burpees
tricep dip
plank
high knees
butt kicks
push up and rotation
left leg lunges
right leg lunges
left side plank
right side plank

It was a great workout, and only took about 20 minutes. And now I think I shall read for the rest of the evening :)