Sunday, May 12, 2013

Journey to the Race: Day 56

A human being is a being who is constantly ‘under construction,’ but also, in a parallel fashion, always in a state of constant destruction.
— Jose Saramago


Happy Mother's Day!!
Today was an official training day with the group and we did some more runs, stairs, and rope climbs. The rope climb was fun and went well except I burned a small section on my ankle when my pant leg lifted. Other than the running and stairs, Lauren and I focused on getting her able to do the rope climb since she wasn't there to try it last time. And she did it! The weather wasn't great though; it was cold and rained at one point but thankfully it wasn't too bad. Lauren and I also did an ab workout when we were home.
For mother's day, my dad took my mom on a road trip and shopping spree at her favourite store. While they were gone, I went shopping for some last minute supplies and then my sister and I baked a cake. Once they were home I made supper. I must say, I think we outdid ourselves this mothers day. We had a card, flowers, supper and dessert. Supper was garlic shrimp with rice, and green and yellow zucchinis sautéed in garlic butter. The cake was lemon cake with blueberries and a lemon glaze. I'm rather proud that I managed to bake the cake and do the dishes so as to keep it all a secret once they were home. Overall I think she had a very nice mother's day :)