Friday, May 17, 2013

Journey to the Race: Day 61

Part of abandoning the all-or-nothing mentality is allowing yourself room for setbacks. We are bound to have lapses on the road to health and wellness, but it is critical that we learn how to handle small failures positively so that we can minimize their long-term destructive effects. One setback is one setback...it is not the end of the world, nor is it the end of your journey toward a better you
-Jillian Michaels


You ever have a day where you just feel overly sensitive and insecure for no apparent reason? I call those "blah days" and today was a blah day. Argh. They also tend to be very lazy days, so I spend most of the day sleeping and watching youtube videos. Very productive. I did convince myself to workout but was feeling angsty so I decided to go for a run. I hate running alone so I asked my sister to come to the park with me where she met up with a friend and chatted while I ran out and did exercises for 30-40 minutes I guess. I did laps of the park, sprints up the hill, swing outs, monkey bars, burpees, walking lunges, all that jazz. Then I came home and decided to do an ab workout. And I was very happy that I finally managed to do all 25 in and outs in one set rather than having to break them up into smaller sets. And now I'm off to snuggle with my cat who is meowing for attention through the house. Hope you're all having a good day :)