Friday, May 10, 2013

Journey to the Race: Day 54

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
-C.S. Lewis



Years ago I had gone hiking with girl guides and I've been wanting to go back ever since. One of my goals this summer was to go hiking and today we did it! We went to Mont Rigaud and it was a great time. The hike took just over a half hour and wasn't too difficult. The best was when we got to the top and realized there were about eight turkey vultures gliding nearby. I've seen a grand total of one turkey vulture before and I didn't see it all that well so to see that many gliding was so exciting. Needless to say I took a lot of pictures. You can see some video clips and pictures from today in this youtube video. It was so great to get outside and I'm glad it didn't rain like it was supposed to because that would have been a brutal hike when the ground was wet.

I'm so excited because I finally got all of my grades in and I'm so happy with them. My overall GPA is finally over 3, which has bugged me for ages. I ended the semester with 3 As, an A-, and a B+ so I'm very proud.

Still no word about jobs but one company said they'd phone in the next two weeks if I'm offered a job so hopefully I'll be hearing from them soon.

I'll probably be doing a more intense workout tomorrow so we'll see what tomorrow brings. Hope you all enjoy your weekend :)