Monday, March 18, 2013

Journey to the Race: Day 2

Day 2:

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.
— Epictetus

Morning:
I'm actually not as sore as I thought I would be so yay! My thighs are very sore so sitting down and going up or down stairs hurts quite a bit but other than that I'm fine. I had an outdoor lab this morning and standing still (so as not to scare the birds) hurt my legs after awhile. It's very cold out (about -14C) today so I'm really not in the mood to run but the bike isn't set up yet so I'll probably either go for a brisk walk or do some light zumba routines. It's also supposed to snow a lot tomorrow so I'm really hoping to get the bike set up so I can work my legs without having to run in the cold and snow.
Evening:
Lesson learned: don't stay sitting for any long period of time or getting up will hurt very badly and your legs will have cramped up. Unfortunately I've learned this several times today. The bike still isn't set up but hopefully it will be tonight or tomorrow. Especially since we're supposed to get quite a bit of snow so the bike will come in handy until the snow is cleared a bit.
I have a big test to study for so no workout tonight. I also have a lab report to do tomorrow but I'll need to fit a workout in my schedule somewhere. I'll let you know what I figure out tomorrow!