Sunday, May 11, 2014

More workouts

I've managed to keep up with workouts this week! I didn't "workout" on thursday but I walked a ton which I counted as a workout for the day. Friday I eventually convinced myself to do a workout and decided on Jillian Michaels Yoga Inferno. Oh my gosh, that workout is no joke. I had a bit of trouble following since I don't know the yoga terms and it was fast paced, also yoga is hard. I got through it though and was exhausted. Today a few of us went for a short run then did some exercises in a park where we did some sprints, walking lunges, squats, pushups, etc. And I had a very happy moment: I was a swimmer with a lot of upper body strength for years when I was younger and would easily pull myself upside down on the rings. I haven't been able to do that for awhile now but today I managed it! It seems like such a small thing but it made me so happy. We also sang Mulan songs which was awesome. Back home we continued with some strength exercises and stretching. Overall, very productive workouts and a very fun day :)