Sunday, March 16, 2014

Long Time No See

Hello all! I know I haven't updated this blog in ages; I'd been meaning to continue working out but I've been sick almost all winter with an awful cough because of it so running or intense exercise wasn't an option without coughing fits. But as of today I am cold and (mostly) cough free (*knocks on wood*) so I shall be getting back into the swing of things.
Today was the first day of Spartan Race/Dead End Race training with the gym nearby and it was cold. It was about -14C but with windchill it felt like -24C. Many layers were worn. Thankfully it was sunny so we weren't too cold. First day back involved lots of running, hill running especially, and lots of jumping and lunges. I did most of the workout although I did have to take a few breaks or walk instead of run while I caught my breath. Overall it was a great workout, and I'm very excited for the rest of the workouts where we get into the more obstacle-based training.

No comments:

Post a Comment