Saturday, May 4, 2013

Journey to the Race: Day 48

Unless you puke, faint or die, keep going!
-Jillian Michaels


Oh my gosh it's hot out. I swear we go straight from winter to summer. I knew I wanted/needed to workout today so I decided it would be a good idea to try a workout outdoors to get used to the heat. I started with 1 set of this workout from pinterest then started on the 5-4-3-2-1 workout but it was just too hot and my hands kept slipping off the mat so pushups and mountain climbers and burpees didn't work too well. I ended up stopping that workout and heading inside where I did another kickboxing routine from youtube. I didn't like this one as much as the Jillian Michael's one but I liked the moves and it was a good workout. Only downsides were that the audio was too quiet and the colours didn't have enough contrast to be clearly seen from a few feet away. I also prefer Jillian Michael's encouragement in telling you not to give up rather than just telling you you're doing well and to hold in your abs constantly. Was still a good workout though as I was completely drenched in sweat by the time I'd finished the routine. Today just further proved that I need to get used to exercising outdoors so I won't be completely overwhelmed at the race. Now I'm off to grab a snack, drink a whole lot of water, and relax for the rest of the night before training tomorrow. Hope you're all having a great day!