Friday, May 3, 2013

Journey to the Race: Day 47

Be brave and be patient. Have faith in yourself; trust in the significance of your life and the purpose of your passion. You are strong enough to sit in the space between spaces and allow divine inspiration to shed some light. When you put positive energy and productive effort into the world it will come back to you. Occasionally in ways you might not immediately understand and on a time frame you didnt expect. Look. Listen. Learn. Stay open. Your destiny is awaiting you.
-Jillian Michaels


I had my very first interview today! Turned out someone I went to high school with works there so she was one of the two people interviewing me which made me much more relaxed. I think it went well, and hopefully I'll hear from them and get the job. The rest of the day was spent buying new workout shorts which are so comfortable and definitely worth buying. After absolutely roasting on wednesday in long sweatpants I was definitely looking for some good exercise shorts. I relaxed for the rest of the afternoon and evening until about 10 when I remembered I needed to workout today. I really need to get into a better schedule so I'm not skipping as many (or any) days. I was going to do one of the pinterest workouts but decided to try a Jillian Michaels workout I had seen in Target when in the states. I managed to find it on youtube so I did the carbio kickboxing workout and loved it. I love kickboxing workouts so I had a blast. It wasn't as hard as I was expecting it to be but I also realize that a month or two ago there would be no way I could have finished that so I'm happy. I did find it a bit easier to complete the workout with Jillian telling you to keep going, work harder, and my favourite "you're not going to die, keep going". I finished the workout and decided to do some extra exercises so I did 15 burpees, 30 mountain climbers, 10 pushups, 6 in and outs, 30 bicycle crunches, 10 Hip Rock & Raises, 10 V Up/Roll Up Comb, 10 crunches, and 10 jackknives. And now I'm exhausted but feeling like I worked everything so I'm happy with the workout and will very likely do it again as well as look into other workouts on youtube. Definitely recommend her workouts as well as the ab ripper from P90X. Was a good workout day but not I'm off to relax before bed. Night all :)