Thursday, May 2, 2013

Journey to the Race: Day 46

Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.
-William Faulkner


Today was a fun day. My mom, grandma, and I went to the states for the day to pick up some groceries that we can't get here. Spending all that time in the car after doing the kettle swings yesterday wasn't the greatest idea since my lower back is a bit sore now but it's not too bad. I didn't do a workout today but I shall definitely get one in tomorrow. The workout yesterday made me realize that I'm going to need to train outdoors in the heat to get used to it if I want to make it through the run. It's beautiful and hot out lately so maybe I'll go for a run outside tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm going to finish a book then head to bed. Night :)