Friday, April 26, 2013

Journey to the Race: Day 40

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
-Walter Elliot


I'm actually not nearly as sore as I thought I would be so that makes me happy. My abs are obviously sore from the P90X workout but only if I laugh too hard or get hiccups or something like that. Today's been a very long day, I have 2 final exams. I had psych this morning and a mammology lab exam in the afternoon both of which I think went well. I studied latin names for the past week, I'm so happy to be done with memorizing latin names for awhile now. And those were my last exams so I am done!! This semester feels like it flew by but there was also a whole lot of work in it so I'm very happy to get a break. Now just to unwind and job hunt.

We had a family movie night tonight which was nice. My sister and I worked out a bit during the movie, she did some ab workouts and I did a very altered P90X ab workout where I basically did any exercise I could remember for 10-15 reps and did a few sets of each. It is very difficult to exercise with a cat around though, she decided to wind around my legs, curl up behind me, and steal the mat. That's life with a cat for you.

I'm still in finals mode so I still feel like I have things I need to study or work I need to do but hopefully that'll pass and the break will really sink in soon. For the rest of the evening I'm just going to relax and unwind. G'night all!