Thursday, April 25, 2013

Journey to the Race: Day 39

One way to keep momentum going is to have constantly greater goals.
-Michael Korda


Oh my gosh I'm going to hurt so badly tomorrow. Once I had finished studying for one exam I decided to take a break and work out. I chose a workout from pinterest but I've done it before and I didn't find it terribly challenging so I decided to add something else. Why I chose the night before 2 exams to try P90X Ab Ripper I will never know but wow that's an intense workout. I did one set of this workout from pinterest, then attempted the P90X workout, then did the original one again. I did have to alter the P90X workout because 1) some of the exercises were just painful and my body won't allow me to do them 2) I couldn't do as many reps. I did do as many as I could or would stop for a few seconds then continue with the same exercise until I reached the goal number of reps. The V Up/Roll Up Combo was insane but after awhile you get into a groove and it does get a bit easier. I wasn't able to do the Fifer Scissors so I did a mixture of those and flutter kicks as I find those a little bit easier. The Oblique V Ups I wasn't able to do at all, I have bad hip joints and it was just painful to do even one so I did reverse crunches and bicycle crunches instead. The Mason Twists were harder than they look but I did as many as I could until I basically fell over and couldn't do any more. Overall, it's a very good workout although I did have to alter it. I did some stretching so hopefully I won't be too sore tomorrow. Now just to review a little bit and study some more for my second exam. Wish me luck!