Sunday, April 14, 2013

Journey to the Race: Day 28

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.
-Ayn Rand


Had another official training session today. We did a warmup jog of about 1km, then sets of 3 stations for about 45 minutes.
Station 1: sprint up stairs then jog down 5-8 times
Station 2: lift a weight approximately 8-12 times (varied depending on the weight used)
Station 3: run/jog 650m and back
I was so proud that I managed to do the full 650m without stopping. I did take it a bit easy with running because I am so tired from end of semester.
There was this one exercise where we had to hold a pipe above our head then rotate the pipe to lower then lift a weight. I can tell you it sounds very easy but of my gosh does it ever hurt your wrists and forearms. I very well may make one to workout with at home.
Overall it was a good workout, and I was tired by the end.
Once I got home I had to work almost non-stop on essays. I finished one paper, and got all the research articles and started taking notes for the second paper. I have almost 2 days for that paper and it's shorter than the other ones I've done so it should go fairly well.
It's been a long day of exercise and essay writing so I'm gonna go watch a movie or tv show then head to bed. G'night!