Sunday, April 7, 2013

Journey to the Race: Day 21

"Every accomplishment starts with a desire to try" - Gail Devers

We had group training today and it went so much better than it usually does so I'm absolutely thrilled. We did stretches, then laps of a street doing walking lunges, high knees, and jogging, then ran around a block most of which was up or downhill. I did have to stop to catch my breathe once I got to the top of the hill but after a minute I continued to the end just fine. We then did laps up the hill jogging up and walking or jogging down. I did get a rather painful cramp in my side and had to slow down at one point but breathing wise it went so much better than the previous training sessions. I think I'm finally getting my breathing under control which makes me so happy. We did a burpee workout to finish the session off and that went well. Once we were home, I convinced my sister to join me in doing my usual workout. We changed it up a little bit but it was fun and a good workout. Overall, great workout day and I'm very happy with my progress so far. The rest of the day will be spent resting and working on essays. Hope you're enjoying your weekend! :)

P.S. Something my sister and I learned today; it is pretty much impossible to run to this song and not dance or laugh at the same time, especially if you've seen this video