Sunday, March 24, 2013

Journey to the Race: Day 7

If a man achieves victory over this body, who in the world can exercise power over him? He who rules himself rules over the whole world.
-- Vinoba Bhave


Second big training day today which included lots of stairs and running over an overpass to then do burpees, squat jumps or jumping jacks, and of course some stretching at the end. The stairs were actually easier than the running which I found odd. Once again my lungs were the main problem, and this time I got a bad headache and had to stop at one point because I was starting to black out (this sounds worse than it is, it happens to me fairly often). The run was hard and kick started my motivation to work out during the week and push myself more when I'm on my own. I'm actually not sore which makes me both happy and frustrated because I don't feel like I pushed myself enough during this workout. We'll see how I'm feeling tomorrow I guess. For some reason my hip joint cramped last night and has been aching a bit today but didn't effect the workout too much. I think I'm going to give myself 3-4 workout options and I'll try to do one every day or two whether it's zumba, pilates, running, biking, swimming. I need to stick to some sort of schedule and push myself harder than I have been. Overall today's been good, got the training done as well as getting caught up with some school work which is always nice. I think I'm going to do some zumba tomorrow so that'll be fun :)